- Primary Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Body Contouring
- Medical Weight Loss
- Hair Restoration
- Patient Forms
- Before & After Gallery
Xeomin in Webster
Expert Aesthetic Care
Despite our best efforts, eventually we will all experience fine lines & wrinkles on our skin. This is where neurotoxin injectable treatments like Xeomin come in.
Xeomin is made of a purified protein that is FDA-approved to temporarily relax the facial muscles that contract and cause wrinkles when you smile, squint, frown, or make other facial expressions. As these muscles relax, the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles is significantly reduced and new wrinkles are prevented from forming. If you are ready to look in the mirror and see smooth skin with a youthful glow, come to our med spa for Xeomin in Webster!
What it Treats
Forehead Lines & Wrinkles
Wrinkles Between Brows
20 to 30 minutes
Female and Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Depending on your tolerance, we may provide you with an ice pack immediately after your injections to reduce any redness or swelling you may experience. There is no required downtime with Xeomin in Webster; most patients return to work or their regular daily routine after leaving our office with instructions to avoid direct UV exposure and rigorous exercise for a few days following their injections.
Why try Xeomin in Webster?
Not only is Xeomin FDA-approved, neurotoxin injectables have proven themselves to be highly effective and safe for decades.
Xeomin is one of our most popular injectables for a reason. It works very well in not only smoothing the skin but also preventing future wrinkles!
Xeomin can be used for a variety of wrinkle treatments. It has proven successful for both men and women and is beloved by patients of all skin types and ethnicities.
The Xeomin Process
What to Expect?
When you come to Integrated Medicine & Aesthetics for Xeomin in Webster, your trained injection specialist will first provide a free consultation to make sure you are an ideal candidate for injections, and to discuss your goals to provide a recommendation for which injectable will best meet your needs. During your personalized consultation, we will thoroughly educate you on the benefits and risks of Xeomin. We will also take photos of your treatment area(s).
Get Your Injections
We will then study your facial expressions and make light marks with a pen to indicate precisely where we will be making the injections. Since we utilize thin, tiny needles most patients report feeling minimal to no discomfort. We can, however, provide topical anesthetic as necessary to ensure your comfort. After a 10 to 15 minute injection process, you will be able to leave our [Webster] office and continue your normal activities, we just ask that you stay out of the sun without protection and you keep your head upright for 4 hours.
We will assess the treated area to ensure proper placement of the Xeomin. We’ll answer any and every question you have about the treatment, and give you instructions on the best ways to maintain your results. Then, we welcome you to schedule any follow-up appointments you need.
Before receiving your Xeomin injections in Webster from Integrated Medicine & Aesthetics, we recommend:
- Avoid aspirin (e.g. Bayer, Excedrin) and other blood-thinning medications (e.g. Vitamin E, Fish Oil) for at least 10 days before injections. If you are taking this medication under direction of your doctor, be sure to speak with him or her for permission before discontinuing it.
- Avoid ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Motrin) for 3 days before injections. Note: if you’re concerned about pain or bruising, you can take Tylenol before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to injections as this too can thin the blood and cause bruising during treatment.
- Discontinue use of retinoid (Vitamin A) products for 2 days before & after treatment.
- Consider a zinc supplement in the weeks leading up to your Xeomin injections. Studies have shown that higher levels of zinc in the body are related to higher efficacy of Xeomin and other injectables.
- Make sure your skin is properly hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water and using moisturizer morning and night.
To properly care for and get the most out of your Xeomin in Webster, we recommend following up your injections with:
- No touching or massaging the injection site to avoid moving the material to a spot it wasn’t intended to be.
- Keep your head upright.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen when outside as UV rays can disperse the injectable faster in your skin, making the effects shorter (not to mention the acceleration of aging by the sun!).
- Avoid scrubs, toners, and abrasive cleansers for at least a week to ensure you do not disrupt the precisely-applied Botox.
- Sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activity or aerobics for 24 hours after your injections.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between BOTOX® and Xeomin?
Xeomin is a purified form of botulinum toxin type A, while Botox is composed of a complex mixture of proteins. Essentially, this means that Xeomin doesn't have any additives, while Botox does. This is why Xeomin is nicknamed the "naked injectable." Through clinical studies and our experience, we believe Botox and Xeomin perform equally.
When will I see results for Xeomin in Webster?
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours after your injections.
How long do the results last?
The results of Xeomin generally last up to 4 months depending on the patient's skin type and the depth & severity of his or her lines.
Are these injections painful?
The injections utilize a very small 31 gauge needle. The majority of our clients feel only a slight sting that is very tolerable.
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
The experts at Integrated Medicine & Aesthetics have years of experience performing Xeomin injections. You can trust that we will deliver subtle, natural results from a highly trained and experienced medical expert in facial anatomy. No one should be able to tell you've had any "work" done.
Do men get Xeomin treatments?
Absolutely! Xeomin for men is common in Webster. Crow's feet, forehead lines, frown lines are not exclusively an area of concern for women. Men get these wrinkles too over time and may wish to look younger and appear more refreshed.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.